Sunday, April 26, 2015

Time out for women 2015: Living Proof!

My mom, sister-in-law Katrina and I were able to go to Time Out For Women in Kansas City/Overland park second weekend in April. It was so fun & I'm so glad we were able to get away for that 1 1/2 days. This years theme was "Living Proof".  Here are so notes I took & fun pictures! :)

FRIDAY NIGHT
 
Barbara Thompson.
The things that she spoke about that really stuck out to me were:
 
If you were arrested and accused of being a Christian, would they have enough evidence to convict me?
 
She is actually a social worker [those of you who know, i am getting my social work degree] and she said that the way she was able to be a social worker and see the things that she did, was by staying centered in the gospel.
 
 
 
Our music that night was Jenny Oaks Baker.
 
She spoke a little bit in between each songs. She said:
 
much of service has nothing to do with the actual act done, but rather the love shown.
 
Brad Wilcox spoke next. He said:
 
all our lives we learn about and think we understand the atonement and then something happens and our understanding of it deepens.
1. not just about immortality and eternal life
2. not just about sins, but also about suffering.
3. not just about getting us back to heaven, but about making us heavenly
4. not ours because we are good, ours because god is good.
Why was God making me go through a refiners fire if I wasn't worth refining.
 
Calee Reed was another music person for the weekend. she was amazing!
What are we living proof of? Can someone see changes in my life?
 
Tamu Smith & Zandra Vranes
These two women were hilarious!!
 
Find a woman that will make you her responsibility, find someone who will see you and stand up for you in righteousness.
-are we being the type of sisters who reach out a hand for others?
-how can we expect others to try and understand us if we don't try and understand them?
 
Meg Johnson
She has an amazing story. She was rock climbing when she jumped for another rock, that rock wasn't there, and literally jumped off a cliff and broke her back & was paralyzed.
 
-it is not the fall that kills you, its hitting the bottom
-we just HAVE to endure
-we need to submit to HIS will, not ours. need to align us to him, not vice versa
-Need to let the Savior pilot our plane
-Always express gratitude
-She changed her prayer to God from healing her, to holding her.
-Attributes her recovery to service to others
-You are at your strongest when you reach down to pick someone else up.
 
I had such an amazing weekend with my mom & Katrina! I was grateful that i have the opportunity to go somewhere like this, be surrounded by women in the Faith & be uplifted. I loved it & look forward to doing it again! There were more speakers but these were the ones that stuck out to me the most!
 
 


No comments: