Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day 4 of vacation- The windy city! chicago.

After spending Friday, Saturday and Sunday in Ohio, we headed home on Monday. When John and I drove out to ohio last year, we stopped in Chicago on the way home. We had soooo much fun! We just had to do it again this year- in fact, this was one of the parts of the trip I was looking forward to the most :)
 
We were able to go to the Shedd Aquarium. It is pretty amazing, we LOVED it and cannot wait to take Mikayla back when she is older. Although she is young, she really enjoyed the different lights and sounds.



 
Waiting for the aquatic show to start.
 
 
 
Showing the audience how they train the dolphins.
 
 
Aquatic Show

 
She LOVED it!

 
They had a stingray interaction where you could go touch the sting rays.

 
Patiently waiting while mommy, daddy and grandma touch the sting rays.

 
John touched them first. When I saw his hand made it out alive and unstung, I went for it.

 
They felt like the bottom of a lake- slimy.
 

 
Me "petting" one.

 
Daddy & Mikayla in the jellyfish area.



Dolphins. I have never seen a real live dolphin in my life, so I thought It was really cool. I was OBSESSED with dolphins growing up.
 

Beluga Wales.
 



 
more of the dolphins

 
I really could have stayed there for hours watching them.


After we finished up at the Shedd, we decided to go down to the Navy Pier for a little while. Last year John and I rode on the Ferris wheel and so we wanted to do it again this year.

While on our trip, a certain little lady started holding her bottle up by herself! She still needs a little extra support, but for the most part can do it on her own.
 
It was super foggy when we were there, but we still had lots of fun!

No comments: