Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Day 2 of vacation- Family day in Columbus.

The second day that we were in Ohio, John, Mikayla & I were able to sneak away and go to Columbus. There is this fabulous mall there that we discovered last year, it's called "Easton" I would recommend it to anyone! LOVE IT!


Funny story about the stroller. I had a list and had everything for Mikayla, John & I to go on our first family trip. I got so busy and worried about forgetting something that I ended up leaving one of the biggest things that I needed in the trunk of my car! It dawned on me about 2 hours after we had started driving (somewhere in Iowa) so I wasn't about to turn around and add 4 more hours onto our trip. My husband, being the smart thinker that he is, got on craigslist & found this awesome stroller for $35! It was such a deal! It has little controls that you can put on it also. You can set the temperature on it so you know if your little one is getting too warm or not. Right after my baby shower, I was given enough gift cards that I was able to go to Target and get the stroller & car seat combo that I had wanted. If you can tell on this stroller there is a bunch of extra padding in the front, which was fantastic! so we decided to go ahead and put Mikayla in it without the car seat to see how she would do. She LOVED it! She is such a little social butterfly that she loves looking at everyone and everything. Defiantly blessed that we were able to find this stroller for the price we did and we were able to go pick it up right away also! SCORE!

Family picture taken in front of the fountain! Too bad Mikayla was zonked out!
 


My mother in law (michelle) has a step-mom, Sharon. This is Sharon's mom; so Mikayla's great-great grandma, but not by blood.
 
Being the happy baby that she is :)

We tried a new restaurant while in Columbus called "Bob Evans" It was like Denny's. Mikayla thought she needed some of her daddy's hamburger :)  

This is Sharon. Mikayla LOVED having her great-grandma hold her


Story behind this picture. While we were in Columbus we went to Macy's (one of my absolute favorite stores) and they were having a sale on kids clothing so I wanted to go look around. Well, little did I know they were having an amazing sale on clothing! This is all carters stuff. I got the outfits (1 pair of pants and 2 onsies) normally $26.00 apiece, for $2.58 a piece!! SCORE!!! I was so excited. I looked on the original price tags and added it all up. I SHOULD have spent $126.00 on all of this; when in REALITY I spent $17.79. I call that an amazing deal!

No comments: