Sunday, November 28, 2021

Welcoming our rainbow- Benjamin Ethan Bradley Wissink

 

It has been such a long time since I have done anything on this blog, but I got the itch to start writing again, so here I am! SO much has happened in the last 2 years. 

 

A historic pandemic came and wiped out thousands of people in every single part of the world. I have been devastating to say the least, although it has been greatly eye opening and brought humanity back together. COVID 19 will go down in history as a lot of things, but for us it was the time that we finally welcomed our sweet baby boy. We got pregnant about 5 months before the entire world shut down. My baby shower got cancelled and we were not really able to celebrate anything surrounding our baby boy coming, but all of our friends and family rallied around us and made sure we had everything we needed. I am beyond grateful to them and to those who have supported us. I will now proceed with a photo dump! We are just beyond in love with our little man and can hardly believe he is already a toddler.

 

I was incredibly sick during my pregnancy, getting daily IV fluids and medications, and was on 4 different anti nausea medications at home, 2 different ant acid medications as well. It got to the point where I was throwing up blood and  had torn holes into my esophagus. I was inpatient in the hospital several different times but am so grateful for my wonderful OBGYN & Maternal Fetal doctors who kept me safe and baby boy safe. He was worth it all.


Benjamin Ethan Bradley Wissink was born on May 18th 2020 at 7:54am at Bryan East hospital. 





















The morning we headed to the hospital for my scheduled C-Section. Mikayla was really nervous for mom to have surgery but was so so excited to finally meet the little brother she always wanted. 



Dr. Byers (Maternal Fetal). The man who got me through my Hyperemesis, a Circumvallate Placenta and the overall complications that I experienced.


My OBGYN, Dr. Bokemper. She was phenomenal and just the doctor who I needed to help me through my anxiety about a really high risk pregnancy that I was convinced would end at any time. I truly could not be more grateful for her.

      The first time I was able to hold my sweet baby boy. I waited so many years for this moment.










The hardest part of the whole birthing during a global pandemic was that Mikayla was unable to come to the hospital to meet him. We face timed SOO much during the 5 days we were admitted. 










 






















No comments: