Thursday, January 9, 2014

Mikaylas First Christmas

 
I know not that many people read this, so it is more for my remembrance & "journaling" but last year was Mikayla's first Christmas! She really could have cared less about the presents and did not really understand what all the commotion was about; she just sat there and watched her cousins go crazy :)
It was so great to have all the kids here for Christmas. Since Lindsay was the first kid up, she got her picture by the tree :) 


Mikayla was working on a stocking stuffer. She stuck her finger in one present and got one open, John and I ended up opening the rest of hers.

 
 Chilling on daddy- watching Lindsay, Matthew and Kyrie go crazy. She was perfectly content right where she was at :)
 We spent Christmas Eve at my mom's house, along with Christmas Morning. That afternoon we came back to our apartment and I made Christmas dinner for my in-laws.
Mikayla was one blessed and spoiled little girl this year! She got so many fun new toys to play with! I found a cute idea online that I decided to try on Mikayla this year, and John & I really liked it. I think that it will be what we do for Christmas from now on with our kids. We gave Mikayla:

1] something to read: a cute Christmas book

2] something to you need: Blooming Bath- which has come to be a LIFESAVER when giving her a bath [she still slides around in the sink]

3] something you want: a cute activity cube that keeps this little busy body busy :)

4] something to wear: the little Christmas outfit she had on, with new Christmas socks & headband.

We also did a stocking, as they are tradition in my family and we always got one every year, and than an open present under the tree.

Christmas was so much fun this year with a little one! She was so excited about the Christmas lights and she just soaked in having all the people around her. We are so incredibly grateful for our little miracle and that she is here with us and was able to celebrate her First Christmas. We are so incredibly blessed to have the Gospel in our lives, to live in a wonderful ward, and to have all of our family and friends.

No comments: